Pages

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend Wrap-up and Vegan MoFo #6, 7 and 8!

   Hi Friends!

   I hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with family and friends!  This weekend was super busy (in a good way) for us and full of family fun and yummy eats.  Here is a recap of my weekend in pictures and a recipe that I used twice this weekend and couldn't get enough of!

   Saturday was my Godson's birthday and the whole family gathered at my brother and sister-in-law's house for a party.  My mom made the birthday cake and I contributed some vegan Red Velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  I lost my "go to" recipe for Red Velvet cupcakes and I tried a new one which I won't be sharing just yet because I wasn't a huge fan of how they turned out.  They tasted great but they were really crumbly.  When I perfect them, or find my old recipe, I will definitely share it here.

{Me and the Birthday Boy xx}
RAW Hummus
I'll be adding the recipe in my next post, so stay tuned!
{Red Velvet Cupcakes just out of the oven...}

{... with cream cheese frosting...}

{...decorated and ready to eat!}
   For my Thanksgiving dessert I made a Spice Cake and decided that I wanted to use the cream cheese frosting on that as well.  Yum!




Here's the recipe...

Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes enough to frost 24 cupcakes (with some leftover)
Ingredients:
8 oz Tofutti cream cheese
4 tablespoon Earth Balance butter
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon juice
3 - 5 cups powdered sugar

 Directions
Cream together the cream cheese and earth balance in a large bowl using an electric mixer. 
Add in the lemon juice and vanilla extract. Continue to mix until well combined.
Slowly mix in the powdered sugar.  Add up to 5 cups depending on how thick you want the frosting to be.


Quick tip about sugar:

How do you know if your sugar is vegan?  Well, you could always call the company and ask them how their sugar is processed... OR ... you can buy organic sugar.  This ensures that the product is vegan because the animal by-product that is used to process sugar can't be organic.  Super simple, right? ;)

Onto the Thanksgiving deliciousness...

   We celebrated Thanksgiving on Monday, and in addition to bringing a cake I also made a Glazed Lentil Walnut Apple Loaf and some of my Vegan Gravy.

Glazed Lentil Walnut Apple Loaf
 I got the recipe from this site.
The glaze
The gravy
You can find my recipe for Vegan Gravy in this post.

   The table was full of delicious food with plenty of vegan options and of course I forgot to take a picture of it.  Bummer.  If someone else remembered I'll post that picture later.
All in all, it was a wonderful weekend full of family fun and great food.  Best part?  The leftovers!  Can't wait to dig into them today.  Ha.

Enjoy the short work week!
Love,
Ves xx
ps: this post was supposed to go out yesterday but I was having issues with my internet.
pps: this was also supposed to be 3 separate posts.  I did say that I wouldn't have much time post while my parents were in town, didn't I?  I'm doing my best though!   

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...