Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A Spooktacular Reveal Day!

Hi Friends!

I'm a little late in the day getting this post out there because it's been a bit of a whirlwind around here lately! Better late than never, though!
This month's Foodie Pen Pal had me paired up with Ann from Cooking Dangerously.  She has a fun blog where she likes to "live on the edge" with her cooking.  I assumed that I probably wouldn't get your "run of the mill" foodie items and I was right.

Here's what she sent...

My Package :)
Have I mentioned how much I love receiving a Penpal Package in the mail?  It's like Christmas every month!  You get to meet two new people each month and, not only do you get to surprise one of them with a fun package but, you also get to be surprised by the other one.
Salish Alderwood Smoked Sea Salt
Very interesting!  I'm having a hard time experimenting with it though, because every time I open it I smell smoked meat.  At the same time it also smells of fire wood, which I like.  I think it's a super cool type of seasoning - I just wish that I didn't associate it with meat.  Bummer.  I'll let you know once I get around to using it.
Lundberg Black Rice
I've never bought black rice before and I'm really excited to cook with it.  In fact, I have it ear marked for a recipe that I'm making this week so, stay tuned for that
Pumpkin Pie Jam
What a perfect time to receive Pumpkin Pie Jam in October!  I've never seen this before and was super intrigued.  It's a little sweeter than I would like but I added a bit to my Apple Pie Pudding (which I make all the time lately!) and loved the result.
The collection...
This was such a great package and a wonderful example of why I love this program.  There is always something new to experience!  Thank you so much Ann for such a thoughtful package!  And thanks, as always, to Lindsay of The Lean Green Bean for hosting this awesome Pen Pal Party!  Visit her site to learn more about Foodie Pen Pals.

The Lean Green Bean

Happy Halloween everyone!  Please be safe tonight.
Curious George!  AKA my Godson ;)

Love,
Ves xx

Ps: apologies for the horrendous photos, they were taken on my iPod (which is fine) BUT, I could only retrieve them from email... so annoying.

1 comment:

  1. I love Hawberry Farm jams! I have their apple pie jam in the fridge right now. Thanks for sharing your FPP package with all of us :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...