Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me(!) and RAW Pasta - Vegan MoFo # 11

  Hi Friends!

  I have a quickie recipe for you today using this weeks awesome ingredient: ZUCCHINI!  This one is a 'RAW Pasta' type recipe and super summery.   The ingredients are fresh and definitely no-fuss.  I'll also share other ways that you can enjoy zucchini in pasta-type dishes.
Read On...

Summery Zucchini Pasta with Tomatoes

Ingredients
2 zucchini squash, shaved thinly lengthwise with a mandoline or vegetable peeler
2 yellow summer squash, shaved thinly lengthwise with a mandoline or vegetable peeler
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
5 sundried tomatoes (packed in oil), drained and thinly sliced
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
1 teaspoon finely chopped oregano
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
The Ingredients
Directions:
In a large bowl, gently toss together all the ingredients. Transfer to a platter and serve immediately. 
More RAW Pasta...
   
   I love that zucchini can be enjoyed this way especially because I love vegetables way more than I love pasta.  Pasta was never a staple at our house growing up, so I don't eat it that often.  But, I love that I get to enjoy fresh tomato based sauces on top of veggies!  And ladies, you'll get to slash the calories and carbs (if you care) without sacrificing flavor!  Bonus!

I'm off to enjoy my birthday festivities!  Have a wonderful weekend.

Love,
Ves xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...