Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Vegan MoFo #10 - Zucchini Fries and WIAW #16

Hi Friends!

   Is anyone else feeling like this week is going by way too fast?  Maybe it's because I'm on vacation, but this week is flying!  Well, regardless, I have a fun and simple recipe plus a little WIAW fun for you!

Let's get to it!
First of all, here is a little taste (ha) of what I've been eating. I've actually been really bad about taking pictures of my food lately, so I thought I'd show you a couple of yummy eats instead of a whole day of eats.

First up: My Thanksgiving plate...

Lentil Walnut Apple Loaf, zucchini boats, mashed sweet potatoes, roasted red peppers, vegan stuffing with gravy, wheatberry salad, and a chopped green salad with apples, cranberries, and almonds. 

Next up, a special treat... RAW eats we found at a little tucked away store in Dundas.
What a surprise!
Almond 'Cheese' Burger, 'holiday salad', and quinoa salad.  My mom and I split the burger and both salads.  I thought that everything was super yummy.  The burger was my fave!


 And since we are talking about healthy treats this month, here's what I've been snacking on lately:
   Sweet potato English muffin, toasted, with homemade applesauce.  So delicious!  We found these English muffins at a local farmers market and I can't get enough of them!  That's saying a lot, especially since I hardly ever eat bread!

Now, onto the Recipe...

Baked Zucchini Fries
Ingredients
3 medium organic zucchini, sliced into skinny sticks
1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
2 tbsp ground flax seed
6 tbsp water
3 tbsp. grated nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
pinch cayenne pepper
Celtic sea salt, to taste

Directions
Whisk flax seeds and water together with a fork until frothy.   Set aside.
Mix the breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast, and seasonings in a bowl until well blended.
Coat zucchini sticks well in the flax mixture, and dip in breadcrumb mixture until well covered.

Line the zucchini fries on a cookie sheet, and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Enjoy!

These fries were really yummy, but not very crispy.  Next time I would cut them a bit thinner and maybe bake them a bit longer.  I definitely loved the flavor, though!

Happy Hump Day!

Love,
Ves xx

2 comments:

  1. Cannot wait to try out those zucchini fries. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. Those zucchini fries look really good.

    And how can Oh She Glows NOT appear on a vegan Thanksgiving? :) She has the best recipes ever!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...