Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Apple Pie Pudding - Vegan MoFo #17

   Hi Friends!

   I hope you guys enjoyed the super simple Applesauce recipe from yesterday.  On a day like today, when it's gray and raining, that applesauce would be perfect warmed up with a cup of vanilla chai tea and maybe an oatmeal cookie fresh from the oven.  Note to self:  Never write about food when you're hungry. Anyway, I think that today's recipe would be perfect as well so let's get to it.
   I think that today's recipe would be perfect as well, so let's get to it.  I call this recipe Apple Pie Pudding but it originally started out as a smoothie.  I actually really love it thick like this and I eat it with a spoon instead of trying to slurp it up with a straw.

Apple Pie Pudding
Ingredients
1 cup Almond Milk
1 cup Applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tbsp ground chia seeds

Directions
Add all of the ingredients into your blender, starting with the wet, and process until smooth (about a minute or two).

 Thanks to the chia and flax seeds, this will thicken the longer it sits.  I like to stick mine in the fridge for about 20 minutes to let it thicken up even more.  But it's delicious when enjoyed immediately, too.  Keep in mind that my applesauce is a bit thicker than the commercial applesauce that you find in the store, so adjust your ingredients accordingly.  Maybe use less of the wet ingredients and keep the dry ingredients the same.
Enjoy!

Love,
Ves xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...