Pages

Saturday, March 03, 2012

Sweet Potato Crisps!

   So here we are, day 2 of my sweet potato craze!  Last night while I was making the Creamy Sweet Potato Soup, I pulled out my dehydrator and a couple more sweet potatoes and decided to make a snack for today.  I've made this snack a few times in the summer but never with a dehydrator so I was excited to see how they would come out.  This is a great alternative to kale chips if you've made them too many times (but how could you??) and are looking for something different.  Or you can make these along with kale chips, add a few more small bites and you have yourself a party! :o)  I originally intended to share these with my mom and Aunt today as we were going to do some shopping together.  However, due to this crazy wind storm we are having, we decided to postpone til tomorrow.  Unfortunately, I don't think I know these won't last until then.  Sorry ladies.  Anyway, on to the recipe!

Sweet Potato Crisps

Wash your sweet potatoes and peel if not organic.  Slice thinly using a mandoline, vegetable peeler or sharp knife and place in a bowl.

Add 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup Tamari, and cumin to taste (about 1/2 tsp.) to the bowl and marinate the sweet potatoes for at least 20min.

Drain the sweet potato slices and add them to your dehydrator tray or baking sheet.  Sprinkle with nutritional yeast (about 1/2 cup - 1 cup) - this makes it cheesy in flavor so add lots if you want it to be really cheesy.  Gently warm them until crispy.  If using an oven, turn it to the lowest setting and leave the oven door open a bit so as not to over heat them.

Enjoy!

Tune in tomorrow for my third and final day in this wonderful sweet potato craze!

Love,
Ves xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...