Pages

Friday, March 09, 2012

Red Pepper Hummus... and Girls Night!

   Just a quick one for tonight...
   I should start off by saying that I had big ideas about what I was going to contribute to tonight's Girl's Night in terms of food.  But, after spending the entire day at home with my cat, mostly in my P.J.'s, doing homework and watching back-to-back episodes of Smash (not at the same time), I totally didn't feel like making anything!
See Exhibit A:
She's a little camera shy
 Patchie and I pretty much did that all day except that I learned a little as well (can't say the same for her).
   Anyway, even though I was totally lazy I had to contribute something!  After all, I'm a total feeder and love bringing people food.  Um, come to think of it, I hope they like it too! Ha.  So here's what I'm bringing:

RAW Vegan Red Pepper Hummus
Makes about 1 ½ cups.
Ingredients
1 medium zucchini, peeled and chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
1  - 1 ½ Tbsp finely chopped garlic depending on how garlicky you want it
½ cup raw Tahini
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp Celtic sea salt
Directions
Place all the ingredients in your high speed blender and puree until smooth and creamy.
Enjoy with veggies, chips, on wraps... the possibilities are endless!
   This recipe is so easy and so yummy!  I ended up making a little extra so that I can have leftovers... Yeah, it's that good!  So now I feel really good about contributing something to the party even though the rest of the things I'm bringing are packaged.  Oh well.

Happy Friday!
Love,
Ves xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...