Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My New Toy!

   So my Aunt came by yesterday with a house warming gift and I must say, I love presents!  She bought me a Spiral Slicer which I've been dying to try for a while now.  I was able to put it to use tonight and of course, made sure to take pics to share with you guys!
   What's a Spiral Slicer you ask?  Well this super fun contraption allows vegetables to become spaghetti!  How fun!  If you think a raw food diet is 'boring' think again!  It doesn't have to be salad's all the time and I think I've proven that in other posts.  And it doesn't have to be labor intensive either!  This meal took me 10 minutes - clean up included!

Spiral Slicer
Here's what I made:

Zucchini Spaghetti
Zucchini Ribbons
  (Please excuse my red cutting board! Ha.)  But seriously, how cool is that?  I made a super simple tomato sauce to go with my raw pasta and dinner was served!

For the Spaghetti:
1 Zucchini

For the Sauce:
1 large tomato
3 sun-dried tomatoes, soaked and chopped*
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 lemon, juiced
pinch sea salt

Directions:
Spiralise the zucchini.  If you don't have a spiral slicer you can also use a mandoline or vegetable peeler to get your zucchini into super thin strips.
Add all of the sauce ingredients to your blender and process until smooth.  Mix your sauce with the zucchini well and serve!
*You can also use sun-dried tomatoes that are already soaked in oil, just use less oil in the recipe.

Fancy, no?

  I garnished mine with hemp seeds because I'm totally obsessed with hemp seeds.. but it really doesn't need any extras.  I also served mine over a bed of field greens... but I'm sure that doesn't surprise those of you that know me.  (I turn everything into a salad! ha.)

Happy uncooking!
Love,
Ves xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...