Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Foodie PenPals - Reveal Day!

   I'm so excited to be participating in May's Foodie Pen Pals!  I mean, who doesn't love to get presents in the mail?  Food presents no less.  This is my first month participating and I can't say enough about how much I loved it.  Not only do you get some yummy goodies in the mail but you get to meet some pretty cool people as well.  Thanks to Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean for hosting.

The Lean Green Bean

   This month I was paired up with Marissa and Vicky.  I sent Marissa a package and Vicky sent me one.  Marissa is a reader from Edmonton, Alberta currently working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing.  I must say that I had so much fun shopping for Marissa.
   Vicky is a blogger at menubyvicky.  If you haven't visited her blog yet you must check it out... when you're done here, of course!  Ha.  Vicky has some super yummy recipes (a few that I plan on veganizing!) and she's pretty funny too!

Anyway, onto the yummy goodies!

It was like Christmas morning when I finally received my package!

A thoughtful note from Vicky...
The contents of my package...
Bumble Bar!  I've always wanted to try these but never got around to buying them.  I opened the Hazelnut one to try and it's pretty good!  Not what I expected but I liked it.

Cashews!  I usually only eat RAW cashews but I was so excited to see this in the package.  I tried these later on and all I can say is OMG!  These are unbelievable.  I had to stop myself from eating the whole bag in one go!

I love that she sent me some seeds to grow my own fresh herbs!  I cannot wait to plant these on the weekend. 
I really liked the write-up on the bottom of the Sage packet: "Sun loving kitchen herb whose purple flowers attract hummingbirds."  I hope I attract some hummingbirds by my kitchen window!
This was the first thing I opened when I recieved my package.  I was so intrigued by the name - Buckwheat Snack - I just had to try it right away!

Umm... it was totally yummy!  Sweet and chewy and full of nutritional goodness!  I am definitely going to be on the look out for this the next time I'm at the store!

After sampling some of the goodies it was time to put them away so that I wouldn't go crazy and eat everything in one go!

Hopefully this cupcake cookie jar will do it's job and keep these goodies away from me! 
   There you have it - my Foodie Pen Pal treats.  Thank you so much Vicky!

If you like what you see and want to participate next month here's the 411 (direct from Lindsay's page):

On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
  • -You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
  • -The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treatsThe spending limit is $15The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
  • -You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
  • -Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
  • - Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents.  
Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada! ***If you’re in Europe, please contact Carol Anne from This Is Rock Salt at rocksalt@thisisrocksalt.com to get involved!


 Love,
Ves xx

15 comments:

  1. The cookie jar is just gorgeous... great goodies:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I kinda love the cookie jar too. It was a house warming gift. :)

      Delete
  2. kind of obsessed with your cookie jar! also wanna try those bumble bars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm obsessed with it too! Ha. Today I took the other Bumble Bar (Cherry Chocolate) to work with me and oh my goodness it was so good! I liked it better than the Hazelnut.

      Delete
  3. I have never heard of Bumble Bar. But now I am interested and would love to try one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cherry chocolate one is really yummy!

      Delete
  4. Looks like some awesome treats! I also received buckwheat snacks. Mine were a ginger flavour! Definitely a fun snack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I found them to be unexpectedly delicious! :)

      Delete
  5. Such a fun package.
    I love your cupcake jar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you got some fun food! And the cupcake jar is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  7. I am in LOVE with that cupcake cookie jar. That is the cutest thing ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you liked our BumbleBars! FYI, every BumbleBar purchase directly supports building a school in Ethiopia for the farmer co-op we buy our sesame seeds. Thanks! -Liz Ward, Founder

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...