Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WIAW #7 and An Unlikely Dessert

  I can't believe we are more than halfway into July already and half way into this week!  Is it just me or do the days just fly by when it's summer?  Not only that, but I'm super busy with studying, and errands, and LIFE that I haven't really been enjoying the summer like I usually do.  I'm making a mental note to change that ASAP!  Plus, with all of this crazy heat/humidity we've been having lately I haven't felt like cooking (or uncooking for that matter).  I did however manage to put together some recent eats for this episode of WIAW. 

Check it out...


{Breakfast:}  Water with lemon, a green smoothie and coffee. {Lunch:}  Large green salad and fruit OR large green smoothie (sorry, I haven't been remembering to take pictures at lunch!) {Snack:}  Veggies and my favorite dip - dijon mustard!  And since my sister has been staying with me I find that my pantry is well stocked with chips.  Thanks Sis! {Dinner:}  Lately it's been a salad of sorts but tonight I made a quick stir fry with veggies, leftover rice (I keep mine in the freezer 'cause I never eat it), and pan-fried tofu drizzled with some coconut aminos.  So yummy!  {Dessert:}  I baked some chocolate chip cookies the other day because we had a craving for them.  I've also been making Chocolate and Banana Oatmeal a lot lately because my sister keeps requesting it!  It's so simple yet so tasty and satisfying.

Chocolate and Banana Oatmeal
Makes 2 small servings
Ingredients:
1 cup water
1/3 cup Oats (your choice)
1-2 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder (you can use cocoa powder)
1 Banana (frozen)
Agave Nectar/Pure Maple Syrup to taste (optional)
pinch salt
pinch cinnamon

Directions:
In a small sauce pan bring the water and salt to a boil.  Whisk in the oats and turn the heat down to low.  Cook the oats until they've reached the desired consistency - I like my oatmeal a little chewy, not super soft.  Add the cacao powder and cinnamon and stir it up.  Split the banana in half, chop it up into bite sized pieces and add it to the bottom of two ramekins.  Pour the oatmeal evenly over top of the bananas and stir.  Add a splash of Agave or pure maple syrup to sweeten if necessary and enjoy!


 Happy WIAW!  Thanks, as always, to Jenn for hosting this link up party.






Special shout out to my pops Jer-Dad!  Happy Birthday 'Da'! xoxo
Love,
Ves xx

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate banana oatmeal sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good. And my sister thinks it's the best "dessert". Lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...