Pages

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

WIAW #5 OR What I Drank While Cleansing

  Hi guys and welcome to another episode of WIAW!  Thanks, as always, to Jenn for hosting this fun foodie link up party.
  This past weekend I decided to do a 3 day juice cleanse.  I figured since it was a long weekend it would be the perfect time to do one.  You know, just in case I became a raving B-I-T-C-H while detoxing, I thought it would be best to not be around children.  I happen to like my job and would like to keep it a bit longer.  Ha!  I'm just kidding.  I was definitely NOT a monster during my cleanse. 
   I love taking small breaks to do juice fasts.  What I don't love is doing them in the summer when everybody and their cousin is outside barbequing!  Ugh.  I swear my neighbors were firing up their grill at like 9am.  It's like they were trying to torture me with the smells of grilled veggie burgers.   Mmm...  Okay, I'm lying, they were probably not grilling veggie burgers, but a girl can dream, right?  I know it sounds like I was tortured the entire weekend, but you have to remember that I'm dramatic.  Plus, I happen to make some very tasty juices so I was definitely not bored or deprived.  So let's get to it, shall we?  By the way, I really do drink out of fancy glasses.  I don't believe in saving the "good china" for company. ;)

I started my mornings off with some hot water and lemon followed by a tall glass of water.
Each morning I made a different variation of my favorite green juice.  This one had:
 {cucumber, celery, kale, lemon and ginger.}
{Sweet potato, carrots, pepper, beets, apples}
All of these veggies...
...made the yummiest juice!  This one is a keeper.  (so is the cat!)
{Beets, celery, carrots, radishes, tomatoes, parsley}
Another green juice...

...with a dash of turmeric on top!
This was a "kitchen sink" juice on the last day.  It turned out to be a winner!
I had about 100 glasses of water throughout the day.
As a treat I would make this simple lemonade when I was feeling like having something sweet.  It's so sweet and delicious, you wouldn't believe it's good for you! {apples, lemon}
  And since this month is also focusing on fitness, I'll share how I stayed active while cleansing.


   I mentioned last week that I finally dusted off Jillian's (we're on a first name basis) DVD.  Well, I've been doing it all week and I must say, the soreness in my muscles has definitely improved.  During my cleanse though, I really wanted to focus on being kind to my body.  For the first two days I went for walks, did some stretching in the morning and a bit of yoga in the afternoon.  I also took a bath every single day.  (I know, I'm so decadent!)  But on the third day I didn't feel like doing anything and allowed myself the luxury of vegging out (while studying, of course).
   So there you have it; what I drank and how I moved while cleansing!

Happy Hump Day!
Love,
Ves xx
What's your favorite juice combo?

4 comments:

  1. I love all the different glassware. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'a a lot of juice, girl! Love the tea cup - very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I didn't drink all of it in one day. :) And thanks, the teacup is part of a dinnerware set that belonged to my grandma. I love it. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...