Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Should I Be Blushing?

   Hi Friends!

   First of all, let me start by apologizing for the silence around here.  I've been in a bit of a funk lately and not really feeling like doing much.  Anytime I think about my blog and start writing something, my mind goes blank.  I've started so many posts and have finished none of them.  This is bad news, especially when I have made a promise to myself to participate in the Vegan MOFO next month... which means blogging daily... about food... with recipes... and possibly a theme!  Sheesh.  Talk about pressure!  However, in my defense, I've been dealing with a few health issues (nothing serious) and it's definitely taken a toll on my attitude.  I'll talk more about that in another post though, because right now I really want to share with you what I did this weekend. 

   As you can tell by the title of this post, I'm wondering if I should feel awkward about doing so?  The thing is, I really don't feel the least bit odd about sharing this.  It seems so normal to me and I'm super psyched to have done it, and to do it again (soon!).  Not psyched like I'm going to see my favorite band in concert, but psyched in the sense that I'm taking my health up a notch.  Want to know what it is?  Well, keep reading then!  Ha.

   This weekend I had my colon cleansed (aka: a colonic) at a Colon Hydrotherapy clinic.  Ever heard of this?  Are you curious?  I definitely was!  This has been on my list of things to try for a while now and I'm so glad that I finally had the opportunity.  There are so may benefits to this that I highly recommend you guys give it a try.  I'll outline some benefits below and why you should seriously consider it.

Looks similar to the one that I used... minus the ocean in the background!

    First of all, why should we even consider cleansing our colon?  Well, let's just say that the diet of us North American's is pretty much full of crap (no pun intended).  Our diets are full of refined and processed foods, as well as high amounts of caffeine, alcohol, salt, sugar and fats.  Unless you eat super clean, and have done so all your life, chew your food really well, AND live in a bubble (i.e., not the city), your colon could use some cleansing.

The Benefits...

Improves circulation, flushes the toxins and cleanses the kidneys as well as the colon.

In addition to aiding in...

Weight Loss
Constipation Relief
Increased Energy
Detoxification
Enhanced Immunity
Improved digestion function
Glowing skin and clear eyes

You can get more information about Colon Hydrotherapy here and also check out the clinic that I went to.

   So... How was my experience, you wonder?  It was amazing!  Well, about as amazing as a colonic can get.  Ha.  But to be honest, it was better than I expected.  I was definitely nervous going in and a little unsure of what to expect.  The colon therapist made me feel very comfortable, relaxed and at ease right from the start.  This was a bonus because I didn't realize that he would have to be in the room with me at times to see what's coming out of me.  Yikes!  And, oh crap.  Literally!  I was always aware of my bashful bladder (I have a hard time peeing in public restrooms - by the way, I don't consider that Too Much Information, especially since I've been talking about colon cleansing!) but I had no idea that I had a bashful colon as well.  Turns out I do!  Ha.  But in the end, I was able to experience all of the benefits, despite my terrible shyness.

   How did I feel?  Afterwards, I felt great.  I wasn't tired or uncomfortable or in any kind of pain.  In fact, after I left the clinic, I went shopping.  I didn't really eat though - no breakfast, just water, and I didn't really feel like lunch.  I ended up having a smoothie later in the afternoon.  It felt good to put something in my body, but it also felt strange.  I felt that way later in the evening, too, when I tried to eat my dinner - a salad and a steamed sweet potato.  In fact, it's been a couple of days since my cleanse and I still feel weird eating.  I don't know if that's just me personally or if others feel the same way?  I should let you know though, that when I go and get my teeth cleaned I wait as long as possible before I eat.  I think it's a "me" thing.

   One more thing about this cleanse.  Even though this is a type of detox, I didn't feel the usual symptoms that I would during any other kind of detox process.  Typically I get headaches (usually only on the first day), I might feel a bit light headed, irritable and most definitely EMOTIONAL.  We all have different side effects when we detox and for me, I am always extra sensitive.  When I quit smoking (yes, I used to smoke) I would randomly burst into tears.  This usually happened when I was out walking my dog and I would wonder if anyone could tell that I was crying.  The neighbors probably thought I was a nut job.  After I switched to a vegan diet I went through a similar phase of feeling super emotional for no reason.  The same is true when I would cleanse through juicing.  So anyway, after my colonic I was expecting to feel a bit emotional, but it never happened.  I found this to be odd but I didn't actually notice until the end of the day.  I was thinking about a lot of different things, feeling a bit let down and, as I mentioned above, dealing with some annoying health issues.  So, if ever there was a time to be emotional, this would be it.  But, nope.  Nothing.  Nada.  Totally fine.  And, I was able to see the bright side to all the little things that have been nagging me.  YAY for the clarity that I got from the colon cleanse! Who knew?

I hope you guys consider having a colonic.  You'll be glad you did - I promise!

Happy Monday!

Love,
Ves xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...