I lucked out this month and got matched with Kristy from Gastronomical Sovereinty. She's a fabulous food blogger who appreciates fresh, local, organic ingredients. Some of her recipes look simply mouthwatering! I say "some" because she isn't a vegan foodie, so she does cook with meat. Check her blog out once you're done ogling my goodies
Check it out...
I loved the wrapping - especially the pink tissue (although the polka dots were a close second)! I couldn't wait to unwrap and see what was inside.
1 & 5. Sweet Potato Chips! Homemade by Kristy and as an extra touch she attached the recipe to it. The chips were super yummy and full of flavor. Definitely going to make these again! Kristy said she made the sweet potato crisps because she knew I loved sweet potatoes. How thoughtful!
2. A lemon saver! Actually it's a grapefruit saver but she said that this one looks better than the lemon one, so I'll take her word for it! I haven't used it yet since I am so lazy I just throw my lemons on the top shelf of the fridge, even if they are sliced open. I promise I'll use it this weekend!
3. A lovely note from Kristy!
4. Homemade Salsa! With the recipe attached as well. :) Actually it was a kind of Bruschetta mixture and it was delicious! She also made this because she read that I love salsa.
6. Fernwood Coffee Beans straight from her 'hood! Organic, fair-trade and climate friendly packaging... what more could you ask for? Oh yeah, a great brew! And this coffee did not disappoint. It was so rich in aroma and flavor. Yum!
Oh, and the salsa was so good that I couldn't resist adding it to a wrap that I was making for dinner that night.
Big thanks to Kristy for all of my amazing goodies!
This month I sent a package of goodies to Colleen who doesn't have a blog. Colleen and I share a tiny bond in that both of our parents (her in-laws) live near Digby, Nova Scotia. Small world!
If you are new to the Foodie Penpals here is the DL:
On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- -You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- -The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- -You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- -Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- - Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents.
Thanks as always to Lindsay over at the Lean Green Bean for creating and hosting this foodie penpal link up party!
'Til next time...