Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Peaches & Cream... Or Maybe just Cookies!

   I love peaches and I was so excited when a friend of mine gave me a jar of peach jam.  Since I don't actually eat toast that often anymore and I didn't want to embarrass myself by eating the jam straight from the jar, (what, you don't do this, too?) I decided to make some cookies.  Thumbprints to be exact!
   For some reason Thumbprint cookies actually remind me of Christmas time so it felt a little odd making them.  But, at the same time, I didn't want to make any other kind of cookie.  So, Thumbprints it is!

Here's my super simple recipe...
Thumbprint Cookies w/ Peach Filling
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup Earth Balance butter, room temperature
1/2 cup organic powdered (icing) sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup - 1/2 cup Peach Jam
Directions:
Whisk the flour with the salt in a separate bowl and set aside.
Beat the butter with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy (about 1 minute).  Add the sugar and beat until smooth (about two more minutes) Add the vanilla extract.
Stir in the flour mixture just until incorporated.
Flatten the dough into a disk shape, wrap it in plastic wrap and chill it in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the middle of the oven.  Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. 
Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place them on the baking sheets about an inch apart.  Using your thumb make an indentation into the center of each cookie and fill it with about a 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, or until cookies are very lightly browned.
Cool on a wire rack. 
Enjoy!

Love,
Ves xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...