Pages

Saturday, August 06, 2011

Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

  Check out this article about what's really in Chicken McNuggets.  Yikes!  It's scary to think that this used to be my 'go-to' item on the menu.  Mind you, the amount of times I've frequented McDonalds for food is pretty small.  What's scarier is that this is the #1 food that the kids in my class tell me they love to order when they go there.  And I can bet that a lot of those children have been there more times this year than I have my whole life.

   I know it's 'quick and easy' to grab take-away, but so is throwing some beans, vegetables and even meat (if you choose to eat it, choose organic!) into a crockpot and letting it cook while you're at work.  The plus side is that you get to come home to a house full of yummy smells!

 Ps: We all enjoy getting take-out now and then and with so many options out there we don't have to sacrifice our health for convenience.  Just because it's a treat doesn't mean it has to be bad for us! :-)

Happy and Healthy eating everyone!
Love,
Ves xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...