Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

May I Interest You In a Sugar High?

   Got a sweet tooth?  I can help with that!  

   This post is a little late as I was hoping to post it around my Easter... but, better late than never!  Here are a few of the goodies that I made for the sweet table at Easter.  The chocolate ones are both vegan and RAW and the Lemon Tarts are vegan and ALL of them were delicious!

*please excuse my mad camera skills... or rather, please excuse my mad camera! :-)




Chocolate Brownie Bites!

Did I mention that these are RAW?
Vegan Lemon Tarts!

RAW Chocolate Candies!
...with a creamy center!
   So there you have it!  These were the yummy treats that I made for our Easter celebration.  You may be wondering why I keep mentioning (quite enthusiastically) that my chocolate treats are raw?  Well, I'd be more than happy to give you an explanation!  
   Raw chocolate (or cacao - not cocoa) is completely different than the milk chocolate stuff that you buy at the store.  This is the real deal.  You know how you read about all of the health benefits you can have from eating chocolate?  Well this is the chocolate that they are talking about, except that they don't tell you that (or maybe they don't even know it?).  Who's 'they' by the way? Ha.  Anyway, so let me tell you why raw cacao is so darn good for you.

Cacao (or chocolate) which comes from the cacao bean, is:
  • the richest food source of magnesium (which helps in balancing brain chemistry)
  • high in chromium (which can naturally regulate blood sugar),
  • iron,
  • calcium,
  • potassium,
  • sulfur (which builds strong nails and hair, and promotes beautiful skin),
  • copper,
  • and zinc! 
   Raw cacao is a rich source of antioxidant flavonoids that promote cardiovascular health and protect against toxins.  It has more antioxidant flavonoids than any food, including: red wine, blueberries, and black and green teas.

Quick, pass the chocolates please!

   If you want to get in on the amazing health benefits but don't have the time to make your own chocolate, fear not!  You can buy raw chocolate bars at larger supermarkets or in Health food stores. 

ps:  No one actually got a sugar high from eating these sweet treats because I didn't use processed sugar.  In fact, these are all sweetened naturally and (if I may be so bold) could even pass as health foods!

Enjoy the non sugar high!
Love,
Ves xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...