Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Bake Sale Re-cap!

   It has been so crazy busy these past couple of weeks!  Even though I just had a long weekend I feel like I need another one just to unwind from the first one.  Make sense?
   It was moving day for my sister this weekend so I was busy helping with that.  Plus, we are slowly trying to pack up my parents house as they prepare to move to Nova Scotia... like really soon.  Yikes!  So with all of this craziness I haven't had a chance to post about the outcome of my bake sale!
   First of all the weather was amazing!  The sun was shining and the temp. was warm.  The only downside was that it was a bit windy in our location.  Otherwise, it was a perfect day.  I had tons of sweets made by me, my mom, my aunt, a couple of friends and two small trays donated by a local bakery.

   Here's what some of the goodies looked like:

Shortbread cookies!

Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles

Cupcakes!

   We had an amazing turn out and I'm so thankful to everyone who came out and bought yummy treats.  One family actually thought we were a bakery and asked my mom and I if we would make her son's birthday cake.  How flattering!  We had a couple of families that came out twice in one day.  And a few people passed by without knowing we were there so they went back home or to their cars to get money to buy some goodies!
   We raised just over $700 for Snooters Farm Animal Sanctuary and I couldn't be more thrilled with the amount! 
   This was such a wonderful experience and I would definitely participate in this again.  My volunteers were amazing and I couldn't have pulled this together without them.  You should know that I am the worst person for handing out tasks, but these people knew exactly what to do without me having to say anything!  Love them to pieces for being so fabulously intuitive!

Some more goodies...
Peanut Butter Cookies, Almond Cookies, Pignoli Cookies, Chocolate Truffles...

Shortbread, Peanut Butter Truffles and Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

Yum, Yum!

Love,
Ves xx

2 comments:

  1. Wow this was in Hamilton? I'm so sad that I missed it- everything looks fantastic! Congrats on the how much you raised for Snooters.

    I will definitely be checking back for news so I don't miss any more of your bake sales in the future :)

    Nicki of Vegan Hamilton
    http://veganhamilton.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was in Hamilton! I had so much fun that I will definitely do it again. By the way, I checked out your site and I love it! I wish I knew about it before. So clever to post about Vegan eats and things around Hamilton. Brilliant!
      Ves :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...